
Before Mt. Vernon, we had a wonderful little picnic next to the Potomac River. It isn't a beautiful river by any means, but the history surrounding it makes it pretty special. After Mt. Vernon, we came back to our house and ate dinner. I bought a Tres Leches cake from this Latino bakery down the road and it was DELICIOSO!! It was ten times better than my baby shower cake and everyone seemed to enjoy it. Oh, the attendees were Gavin and Cheryl, Elizabeth and her children Jackson and Lindsay and Collin and I. It was great.
On Sunday, Elizabeth made me a special birthday dinner at her house. Instead of cake, ( I am not allowed to eat too many sweets because I am on a special diet) we had sugar free pudding. It was quite tatesty actually.
On Monday, the actual day of my birthday, Collin and I walked around a little Urban town not too far away from us called Shirlington and ate Mexican food at Guapo's. It was great. I had a fantastic birthday weekend.
One of the gifts I recieved was a game for my Nintendo DS ( I got the DS for free when we signed up for cable and internet) was a game called Brain Age 2. If you don't know what it is, I will explain. It is a game that trains your brain using several different techniques. When you first begin, the game tells you what your current brain age is. My brain age was 80 yeas old yesterday. Today it was 46. The idea is to keep it around 20. The more you train, the less the game makes fun of your stupidity. Collin must use his brain much more than me because his age started at 49 and went down to 29 today. The idea is to use the game to keep your brain young...you know...use it or lose it.
I had a great birthday. Thanks to all my friends and thanks to all who called me and sent me emails. I felt very special.
4 comments:
Yeah...you'd better feel special! I don't just call anybody! and e-mail them all in the same day!
Love Ya Rosemay!
Britton
I'm glad you had such a great birthday weekend. Please take your camera next time, we need to see pictures! There are going to be some serious consequences once you have this baby if you don't start posting pictures, so you might as well start practicing now.
Posie,
I'm so glad you had a happy birthday! Will you tell Elizabeth I say HEY! Tres Leches cake reminds me of Mrs Croquer's class...I..Am..Telling you!
Crap, I am a bad friend. HAPPY Berfday!
Post a Comment