Friday, January 05, 2007

You already know the answer

People come into my office and expect me to tell them what to do. I NEVER tell people what to do. I think we all know what needs to be done, we just want people to validate our feelings. I really do believe that our natural instinct guides us with all aspects of our lives..from what we eat to who we date.

I had an experience when I was an adolescent. I decided to do something I felt was probably not the best option for me because someone I trusted really wanted me to do. It wasn't a bad thing that they asked me, it just wasn't the right thing for me and I knew it. I did it, and that one choice spiraled into a series of horrible mistakes I will never forget or be rid of. I regret it to this day and I kick myself in the pants because I didn't listen to my instinct. I have rarely if ever made that mistake from that day forward.

My point is that we already know the answers but we doubt ourselves. If we would just act on it, we learn to rely on our instinct more often and we would learn to trust it more often. We wouldn't have to rely on others to validate us. All of the validation would come from inside.

3 comments:

The Probert Family said...

Rosemax! Did you know that you entered your name into my cell phone as "Rosemax"? So it's kind of started to grow on me. Your blog is very enlightening...I stumbled onto it from Chenae's blog.

You + blog = cool 4-eva.

The Probert Family said...

TAG! GO read my blog to learn what you have to do...now that I've tagged you. love, Candra

Chalonn said...

Ro--I think you are a smart cookie! Will you post a pic of you...or do you want me to dig up one from the hotel in Vegas???