Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Why you should never agree to a makeover



left to right: Rosemay, Britton, and me. Notice the dramatic color contrast from neck to face.
Okay, this is Fall 1999 in Rexburg, Idaho. I was at the grocery store when this lady from Georgia walks up to me and says, "oh ma gawsh! You have to let me give you a makeover. I'm a Mary Kay consultant and I just love yer face!" I didn't know whether or not to be flattered or insulted by someone wanting to give me a makeover, so I reluctantly consented and told her she could come over to our apartment. Of course, she forces Jamie and Britton to do it with me. Maybe it was the bad lighting in our basement apartment, but she gave us bright red lipstick and really light foundation and we ended up looking like a Geisha. Doesn't even look good for almost 10 years ago. Not even close. So then she wants to take our pictures to enter us into a makeover contest where we could win a cruise and other things like that. This picutre is us politely letting her take our pictures, but we were laughing so hard that our eyes were squinting and our faces hurt. She probably thought we were laughing because we were having so much fun girl bonding. It was hilarious. Good times. I think we have a before shot of us looking "miserable". I'll have to find that. This was on Jamie's blog and I laughed so hard at the memory. We had a good time with this one.

3 comments:

David and Deena said...

I think you look beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hey Rosemay! Thanks for finding my blog! I'm so excited to be back in touch with you! I'll keep checking regularly on your blog to see what you're up to!
Kristen (Dorff) Brady

Britton said...

Rosemay,

Oh my gosh! I remember that. How funny. I have the before picture if you want it. Man those were good times